Friday, October 1, 2010

Enter at your own risk. :)

Greetings! Welcome to my wondering and wandering world. I don't know if there is a category for me but if I were to name it, I would call it exploration....so I figure you might need sort of a tour guide intro to get started with me....here's some of what you might should expect from me.

Blogging was inevitable because neither twitter nor FB have enough room for me to express a complete thought...and this is great place to go when you are very wordy, but don't want to impose on others. It's a way to capture your thoughts plus share them, without pushing them into somebody else's head.

I'm aware of how our words affect those around us and that is the reason for my title, "I'm just sayin'". It is a way to say "this is what I think" without being certain...although saying it with pretty strong conviction. :) So these thoughts are what I think I believe, or these are thoughts I believe I think...not sure.

I feel pretty confident that my opinions will change...whether real soon...or fairly later. So, it's probably wise to qualify my blog as being just that...things I think, believe, or feel pretty strongly about, for now...I'm just sayin'.

By the way, something that might help if you choose to come back and read again is knowing that I am somewhat jovial...overuse smiley faces a lot :) and you are invited to read my blog in the most friendly frame of mind possible...actually, if you read with a smile on your face you'll get what I intended most likely....also I say things backwards sometimes....on purpose...and reading slowly might help too. :)

I hope my words are encouraging, challenging, and inviting...yes, especially inviting. I have a mission of sharing God's love through prayer, friendship, and quilting...I guess this is the "friendship" section. But you must know I am not what most/or some would consider a "religious" person, but fall into the "spiritually minded, reflective soul" sort. So, if I say words or talk about things that offend you it's not on purpose. Life itself can be offensive, truth can be offensive, and anything that is not just like us can be offensive...so chances are, you may get offended some where along the way on my blog. Being offended is usually a nice time to ask myself good questions ....and then be determined to find a way away from it....like repeating "I will not be offended by that" over and over until I find myself a new perspective...one my heart and mind can live in peace with. It usually takes seeing/hearing others in a less critical light, having a non-judgmental attitude, and pausing long enough to consider where they are in life. So, here I am trying to share the love of the Creator of the whole universe and I am imperfect. Go figure. But, it is what I believe in and am passionate about and hope you will sense it through this blog.

Succinct is not what most people refer to me as...so my words may seem to need de-coding at times. Frankly, I don't make sense a lot of the time. :) Always feel free to ask if you don't understand something....I may be trying to figure it out as well! Comments are welcome and probably helpful.

"Blessings" will most likely be my regular way to close a blog...it is the shortest prayer I know that covers everything. :) (remember that is part of my mission....for me, praying is one of my ways of sharing Love) When you read "blessings" at the end, know that I truly hope and pray for God's love and favor and help and ____ for you. You can throw one up for me too!

So, welcome into my world....and thanks for letting me into yours. You and I - regardless of how alike and different we are - need others. I prefer face-t0-face over electronic messages but hopefully this will suffice for the moment and if we do get to meet, we'll have a great starting place in our conversation. You are probably a lot more interesting/lovable/valuable than you realize...I'm just sayin'.

Blessings,
Susan




2 comments:

  1. Susan, I already love your blog. I am touched when someone ventures to be authentic before God and others. It's scary. I've had to work on my people pleasing issues (not to mention my grammar). Because Lord knows, it's easy to offend (when you don't mean too). Enjoy the journey. I wish you tons of joy and much creativity as you express yourself here on your blog. May everyone know the motive of your heart, meaning: they 'get you' and don't judge. Your heart will shine through because you are a beautiful spirit!!

    May the words from your lips and the meditations of your heart be acceptable to God and others.

    Blessings backatcha!!!
    HUGS
    Kim

    ReplyDelete